The safety of your family is dependent upon the cleanliness of your home interior, especially in light of the recent world pandemic. To help you in cleaning and keeping clean on a regular basis in your home, it is essential that you take the necessary steps to remove toxins, viruses, bacteria, mold, and mildew from surfaces within your residence. Here are some recommendations to help you clean your home of microbes, mold, and mildew and keep your home safe.
When you encounter mold growth in your home, it is no joke and you should handle the situation seriously to prevent adverse health effects that can occur from airborne mold spores. A mold remediation company is the best option to remove mold growth that covers a surface of more than ten square feet, so the mold and its affected surfaces can be safely cleaned or removed.
Contact a mold remediation company about testing areas in your home for the presence of mold. They can do so by completing one of several different tests. Your mold inspection company can use an air sampling test to take samples of the air in your home to look for the presence of mold spores and identify the type of any mold present. They can also complete a surface swab test with a mold inspection collection tape. The inspector attaches the tape onto a surface in your home, such as the counter, walls, bed frame, or floor boards to check for mold spores.
Focus on Microbe Elimination With Disinfection
There is a difference between cleaning your home and disinfecting your home. The mold, microbes, and germs that live on surfaces within your home are living and need to be killed through proper disinfecting procedures, which you cannot do with soap and water alone. You can use soap and water to remove a good deal of the microbes, mold, and viruses from a surface in your home, but with a strong disinfectant cleaning solution you can eliminate the microbes to make your home safer.
The best way to disinfect surfaces inside your home is to use a cleaner designated as disinfectant to remove viruses, mold, and bacteria. You can also make your own cleaning solution of a mixture of water and bleach to apply it onto surfaces with a spray bottle. Use a cloth to wipe the solution over the surface and allow it to remain wet for a couple minutes. During this time any microbes and mold spores will be killed by the solution.